- What is online poker?
- Where to play Online poker?
- Rules of the Online poker
- Hands for Winning at Online Poker
- Types of Online poker games
- Tips for playing Online poker
- How to play online poker for real money?
- How to play online poker for free?
- Casino online poker on mobile
- Players ask
Read this expert review dedicated to playing online poker. The material contains information about the rules, varieties, secrets, strategies and tips for playing online poker for free and for real money. Use our tips to your advantage.
What is online poker?
Poker is a world-famous card game. In online format it appeared quite a long time ago — its history reads more than 20 years. In comparison with offline casinos, you can play at home, there is no need to comply with the dress code, etc. A gambling portal provides users with virtual tables, a program for shuffling and dealing cards, and functionality for buying chips and exchanging them for money.
For the honesty of the game, the randomness of the cards is important. In online rooms, this is done by a special device — a Random Number Generator or RNG. It uses software algorithms and random physical quantities, which ensures the complete unpredictability of the card-dealing process. Calculations are performed in a real place – on the server or in the office of the gambling company, so ready-made data is sent to the poker client. Each participant receives data on their device only about their own and shared cards, so players cannot find out the opponent’s cards using hacking the application.
Playing online poker, players can use unfair methods, putting opponents in losing conditions. Say, users at the same table can exchange information about cards or play a game from several accounts at the same time. To prevent such cases, the online casino uses a protection system – identity verification, remote verification of the player’s device, and behavior analysis. Players suspected of violating the rules may be blocked. Verification is also a method of preventing underage users from participating in the game for money.
Where to play Online poker?
There are many online poker sites on the internet. We recommend choosing only reliable casinos and rooms. The availability of licenses and certifications for such portals guarantees the protection of user rights. You will be sure that you will be able to get answers to your questions and complaints.
Thus, when choosing a place to play, pay attention to the following factors:
- Possibility to play online/video poker;
- The legality of online casino activity;
- Payment methods;
- Availability of communication channels with the support service;
- Availability of the mobile app (if it is convenient for you to play from your phone).
Rules of the Online poker
Poker is played with a standard 52-card deck. 2 is the lowest card, and the ace is the highest. Each round begins with the dealer handing out two cards to all participants of the game. They are called pocket cards or “hand”. The goal of participants is to form a combination using their pocket cards and the cards that appear on the table during the dealing process. At each stage of the round, players can use various actions: raise the bet, check, fold, etc.
After the last dealing of cards, the players must open their hands. The participant with the strongest combination wins.
See the ways to play online poker.
This method is also called a classic. Such games do not have a scheduled end time. Therefore, participants can sit down at the virtual table or leave whenever they want. Usually, the game is played between two, four, six or nine players;
This game format, on the contrary, provides for a start at a certain time. By this time, there should be a certain number of participants in the lobby. During the game, the user who has lost all the chips is knocked-out. This happens until the last player remains. He is recognized as the winner.
Hands for Winning at Online Poker
As we have already said, the task of online poker players is to form the strongest hand at the table. To do this, actions are performed with cards to eventually get a winning combination. Here are the existing combos, we have arranged them in descending order, starting with the strongest one:
- Royal Flush. A+K+Q+J+10 — all of the same suit;
- Straight Flush. 5 consecutive cards of the same suit;
- 4 of a Kind. Four cards of the same rank. For example, jacks of spades, hearts, clubs, and diamonds;
- Full House. 3 cards of the same rank, and 2 cards of another rank;
- Flush. 5 cards of the same suit;
- Straight. 5 consecutive cards of various suits;
- 3 of a Kind. 3 cards of the same rank;
- 2 Pair. 2 cards of the same rank, and 2 cards of another rank;
- Jacks or Better. A pair of J, Q, K or A.
Knowing the combinations will help you apply one or another online poker strategy. For example, you can use the ABC technique. At micro-limits, it has been profitable for many years. Its basic rules are as follows: bet and raise with good hands, call with average hands, fold cards with bad hands and sometimes bluff in standard situations.
The more you learn about online poker, the more strategies you will learn to apply. None of them guarantees you success, but you will be able to increase the chances of winning.
Types of Online poker games
In the internet casinos, you can enjoy the video and online poker. The first option is suitable for single players, the second is more gambling and exciting. There can be several participants at the table at the same time. There are many varieties of poker in the catalogs of gambling sites, but they are all based on two main types of games: Hold’em and Omaha.
Online poker Texas Hold’em is the most popular type of poker in the world. It is usually played by nine or ten players. Texas Hold’em can be limitless and unlimited. In the first case, all bets, including raises and re-raises are fixed. The rules of unlimited Hold’em say that the maximum bet can be any and is limited only by your available money (stack). The number of raises is also unlimited.
Omaha is considered a more complex version of online poker. There is practically no unlimited version of this game. The pot-limit format is much more popular. Its main feature is the restriction on the maximum bet size. It is dynamic and equals the current value of the bank. Therefore, in multi-table tournaments, all-ins in the early and middle stages of the preflop are rare.
Tips for playing Online poker
Each type of entertainment in an online casino has its nuances, but poker stands out from the general background. This is the kind of game in which skill prevails over luck, which is not a common occurrence in gambling. You can win a lot of money while getting unforgettable emotions from the competitive aspect. Here are our online poker tips:
- Learn the rules. Don’t even think about playing if you don’t know the rules. We advise you to choose a specific variety (for example, Hold’em) and improve your level of knowledge in it. Hold’em is the type of poker that experienced players recommend beginners to start learning;
- Train. One knowledge base is not enough. You need to be able to apply strategies in the game and hone your skills. It is best to do this in free mode;
- Select the appropriate table. When playing for cash, pay attention to the buy-in, the number of players and the type of game;
- Tune in to the game. Do not sit at the virtual table if you are excited, upset, or drunk. Otherwise, you will quickly lose your money. Online poker requires concentration and attentiveness;
- Form a bankroll. You need to be sure that you have enough money. Carefully monitor the gameplay, and make decisions about raising bets deliberately;
- Check your internet connection. This is important advice on which the outcome of your game may depend. It is unlikely that you will like that because of a weak signal you will be thrown out of a tournament in which you have already spent money;
- Defeat is not a tragedy. If you lose, you should not be too upset. In online poker, victory is not guaranteed to anyone, but you can bring it closer by sticking to your strategy and using skills;
- The importance of time. Online poker is demanding in terms of time. If you want to achieve a result, then finish all the urgent deeds before the start of the tournament so that nothing distracts you.
Follow these tips and it will help you become a more confident and skilled player.
How to play online poker for real money?
To play online poker for real money, you will need not only cash. Several mandatory conditions must be met:
- Choose a legal casino or a gambling poker room to play;
- Create an account (enter all the required data, write an email address, and come up with a password);
- Make a deposit using one of the available methods;
- Open the catalog of casino games and select the title. You can play both alone and against other users. The second option is more exciting and unpredictable. But the winnings may be greater.
How to play online poker for free?
Successful players have built their careers for a reason. Their success is based on a lot of work and a lot of training. Therefore, if you want to win big money, then know that you have to work hard for this. Start the game in free mode, train strategies, build self-confidence, and memorize winning combinations. All this will allow you to increase your skill level and approach the cash game in a prepared way, and not throw your money into the water.
The opportunity to play online poker for free is provided not only by online casinos but also by thematic portals. For example, 888Poker, and GipsyTeam. You can join other participants or play for chips yourself.
Casino online poker on mobile
Many online casino customers prefer to enjoy online poker on their mobile. The main disturbing factor that unites this method and the game on the desktop is the Internet connection. The signal must be reliable. Otherwise, you risk getting a negative experience when amid the tournament you will be thrown out of the table due to a connection break. Such cases are not uncommon, and most often the players themselves are to blame for them.
Otherwise, the game has a lot of advantages on the mobile app of the online casino:
- Mobility. Sit down at the virtual poker table from anywhere — from the bus, from the park or a friend’s house;
- Comfort of use. It is convenient to play with a smartphone. The lobby is adapted to the device screen, you do not need to scroll the screen to find the necessary options and buttons;
- Notifications. You will never miss online poker tournaments if you set up push notifications in the options;
- More freedom. Playing from a desktop, people are forced to plan their time so that they can be at home before the start of the tournament. Mobile device users have no such problems. They can register for the tournament and start the game anytime, anywhere.
Is there an online poker free mode?
Yes, there is an opportunity to play poker in trial mode in an online casino. This is a good chance to learn the rules of the game, memorize card combinations and practice strategies. All this will help you in the future when you want to play for cash.
Is it easy to play online poker?
Online poker is not the easiest game, but its rules can be learned quickly enough. The main thing to remember is that there is no need to rush here. Every experienced player has devoted a lot of time to training and polishing his skills. This is a good example to follow.
How to play online poker real money?
To play online cash poker, you should choose a reliable online casino. Create an account, make a deposit and go to the lobby. Make your choice carefully, because the game has varieties, and you must clearly understand what rules you are playing by.
Can I play online poker with friends?
Of course, you and your friends need to choose a suitable poker room in an online casino and take seats at the virtual table. Play for money or just have fun.